Police officers arrive at the site to inspect the incident - PHOTO: VIETNAMNET
HCMC - Four people died and one was seriously injured following a gas cylinder blast at a house in Kien Bai Commune, Thuy Nguyen District, Haiphong City, yesterday, August 15.
The explosion was reported at around 7:55 p.m. at the house of Nguyen Van Hai, 55. The authorities of Thuy Nguyen District and Kien Bai Commune immediately sent two firetrucks with dozens of firefighters and police officers to the site to put off the fire and rescue the victims.
Hai was seriously injured and sent to the hospital, while his wife Nguyen Thi Thuy, daughter Nguyen Thi Huyen, son in law Vu Trong Khuong and grandchild Nguyen Thi Tuyet Nhi were found dead in their bedrooms, which were gutted.
Nguyen Huy Hoang, chairman of Thuy Nguyen District, said the district has given VND75.6 million to support the family of the victims.
The police are conducting a deeper investigation into the cause of the incident.
- Exploded laptop battery killed 4 people in a family
- House fire kills eight in HCMC’s District 11
- HCMC Party Chief visits victims, site of fatal fire
- 8 people found dead after huge fire in District 11
- Music club fire kills six in Nghe An
- Fire caused by incense burning destroys four houses in An Giang
- Two people found dead in house fire in Ho Chi Minh City
- One dies and one injured in hotel fire
- Eight people die in Ho Chi Minh City house fire
- Two dead, three injured in serial traffic accident in central Vietnam