Hanoi health worker collects samples for COVID-19 testing. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – According to the Ministry of Health, Vietnam logged 9,580 new cases of COVID-19, of which 6 were imported and quarantined upon arrival in the past 24 hours to 7pm on August 15.
Ho Chi Minh City remained the country’s biggest pandemic hot spot with 4,516 cases while Binh Duong province registered 2,358 cases and Hanoi, 39.
The national total cases have now amounted to 275,044 and the death toll, 5,774.
Also on August 15, 5,519 patients were given all-clear, bringing the number of total recoveries to 99,730.
- Vietnam reports 9,180 new COVID-19 cases on August 13
- Vietnam reports six new COVID-19 cases, 53 recoveries
- Additional 4,254 COVID-19 cases reported on August 2 evening
- Vietnam reports 12 new COVID-19 cases on August 17 evening
- Vietnam reports no new COVID-19 cases on August 24 morning
- Vietnam reports another COVID-19 death, 20 new cases
- COVID-19: 21 imported cases logged on April 15
- COVID-19: 96 new cases, 73 recoveries
- Vietnam logs 14 imported COVID-19 cases on April 16 evening