Vietnam recorded 9,150 local Covid-19 cases on Friday, raising the infection tally in the ongoing wave to 251,702.
The number of recoveries of the country rose by 3,593 to 92,738.
The death toll increased to 5,088 with 275 fatalities confirmed Friday.
Vietnam records 9,150 new Covid-19 cases on Friday, a drop of 503 from Thursday, was led by HCMC with 3,531 cases, followed by Binh Duong (2,816), Dong Nai (808), and Long An (623), all localities in the south.
The number of recoveries rose by 3,593 to 92,738, while the death toll increased to 5,088 with 275 fatalities confirmed Friday, Health Ministry reported.
Since the fourth wave broke out on April 27, Vietnam has found infections in 62 cities and provinces.
According to the Health Ministry, over 13 million have received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, and more than 1.1 million have been fully vaccinated.
Friday morning, a batch of 1,113,400 AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine doses arrived in HCMC under a contract signed with the Vietnam Vaccine JSC (VNVC).
Vietnam has received over 19 million Covid-19 vaccine doses so far, through contracts, global vaccine access mechanism Covax or foreign aid.
The country aims to vaccinate 70 percent of its 96 million population by next year, procuring at least 150 million Covid-19 vaccine doses for the purpose.
- Vietnam logs 7,487 new Covid-19 cases, total reaches 947,733
- Vietnam logs 5,382 new Covid-19 cases, tally of the fourth wave reaches 809,376.
- Vietnam reaches 728,435 Covid cases, death toll surpasses 18,000
- Covid-19: Vietnam now ranks 77th among 222 countries in terms of infection numbers
- Covid-19: Vietnam logs another 9,580 new cases as HCMC will continue social distancing
- Covid-19: Vietnam records 17,409 new cases as Hanoi sees most dangerous cluster
- Vietnam logs 4,150 new COVID-19 cases alongside 1,402 recoveries and 120 fatalities
- Over 56.38 million people in Vietnam received two Covid vaccine doses
- Vietnam confirms 1,438 local Covid-19 cases in 18 localities Friday morning