The 30 phone numbers will operate 24/24 from 9am on August 12, providing online medical examination across 30 specialist areas. (Illustrative image)
NDO – Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City has put into operation 30 phone numbers to provide online medical consultation and examination for patients with diseases not related to COVID-19.
The 30 phone numbers will operate 24/24 from 9am on August 12, providing online medical examination across 30 specialist areas such as oncology, endocrinology, cardiology, orthopedic trauma, neurology, respiratory, digestive, urology, artificial kidney, and others.
*The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union in Binh Thuan province has launched an initiative to present petrol and protective items to volunteer shippers in the province to join hands with them in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Shippers who volunteer to help local people buy food and transport necessities and those who work at checkpoints, vaccination areas, concentrated quarantine areas and COVID-10 treatment facilities will be provided with free petrol and protective items.
*Hanoi recorded 26 new COVID-19 infections as of noon of August 12 including 18 in isolation areas and eight in the community.
The new cases were reported in Dong Anh (10), Dong Da (6), Thach That (6), Hai Ba Trung (2), and Ha Dong (2).
Hanoi has confirmed 1,985 positive cases of SARS-CoV-2 since April 29 including 1,128 cases detected in the community.
* The Hanoi municipal Command for COVID-19 Prevention and Control has just sent a document to agencies and units in the city asking for the further implementation of QR code scanning to serve in the quick tracing, prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The request was made as the number of people scanning QR codes for medical declaration is too small with an average of only about 141,800 scans per day.
* The Vietnam Young Entrepreneurs Association presented ventilators and medical equipment worth over VND2 billion (US$88,000) to seven provinces and cities on August 11 and 12.
Twenty ventilators, 7,000 COVID-19 rapid test kids, and 700 boxes of Miaqua sugarcane juice were presented to the provinces and cities of Long An, Dong Nai, Can Tho, Khanh Hoa, Binh Thuan, Da Nang and Ben Tre to help them in their fight against the pandemic.
- Bach Mai Hospital launches remote medical examination and treatment centre
- Summer Youth Volunteer Campaign 2020 launched in Ho Chi Minh city
- Summer Youth Volunteer Campaign 2020 launched
- First online heart surgery operation implemented via Viettel Telehealth
- Telemedicine helps narrow healthcare gap between cities, under-served areas
- 24 hospitals join national distance healthcare network
- Youth promotes vanguard role in COVID-19 combat
- Hue hospital carries out first kidney autotransplant in Central Vietnam
- Remote medical examination project promotes sustainable health care
- Newsletter on Youth Volunteer Campaign Summer 2021 launched