Collecting samples for COVID-19 testing for traders at Long Bien market, Hanoi. (Photo: NDO/DANG ANH)
NDO/VNA – A total 3,241 cases of COVID-19 were logged in the past 12 hours to 6 pm August 10, raising the national count to 228,135, according to the Health Ministry.
> Vietnam recruits volunteers for trials of ARCT-154 COVID-19 vaccine
> Pre-clinical research results on herbal medicine for COVID-19 treatment announced
Of the new cases, 1,466 were recorded in Ho Chi Minh City, the largest hotspot in the country at present, 577 in Long An province, 378 in Dong Nai province, 128 in Nghe An province, and 88 in Dong Thap province, while the capital city of Hanoi reported 60 cases.
On the same day, 4,428 patients were given the all-clear, raising the total recoveries to 80,348.
Among patients under treatment, 491 are being cared for in ICU, while 20 are treated with the support of ECMO.
An additional 388 deaths from COVID-19 were announced, with the total fatalities reaching 4,145.
A total 9,987,587 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered so far.
- COVID-19: 4,773 cases added to national tally on late July 29
- Additional 3,943 COVID-19 cases take national count to over 181,000
- Additional 645 COVID-19 cases reported on July 8 afternoon
- Vietnam logs additional 4,564 COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records 4,246 new COVID-19 cases
- 15 new COVID-19 cases, 90 recoveries reported, all in Hai Duong
- Vietnam confirms 330 more COVID-19 cases, mostly in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nearly 5,000 new Covid-19 cases, 147 deaths confirmed
- Two imported cases of COVID-19 reported on October 15