A box containing AstraZeneca vials. Vietnam received 495,400 more doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine from the Covax Facility this morning, August 10 - PHOTO: UNICEF
HCMC - Vietnam received 495,400 more doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine from the Covax Facility this morning, August 10.
The doses, which arrived at the Hanoi-based Noi Bai International Airport, raised the country’s total number of vaccine doses provided by Covax Facility, a global initiative to ensure rapid and equitable access to the Covid-19 vaccines for all countries, to over 9.1 million.
The batch was transported to the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology for storage, the local media reported.
Until now, Vietnam has taken delivery of over 19 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines comprising 11.5 million AstraZeneca doses, 12,000 Sputnik V doses, 746,000 Pfizer doses, over five million Moderna doses and 1.5 million Sinopharm doses.
After five months of launching the vaccination campaign, the country has administered over 10.3 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines, with over one million people receiving both doses.
Vietnam has approved six Covid-19 vaccines for emergency use---AstraZeneca, Sputnik V, Moderna, Pfizer, Sinopharm and Johnson & Johnson.
- Over 800,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses provided by Covax arrive in Vietnam
- Some 600,000 more AstraZeneca doses arrive in Vietnam
- Over 1.2 million more AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrive in HCMC
- 600,000 additional AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated by Japan arrive in Vietnam
- Vietnam gets 288,000 more AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine doses
- 580,000 more AstraZeneca vaccine doses ordered by VNVC arrive in HCMC
- 659 900 More AstraZeneca Vaccines Doses Arrive In Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam receives over 900,000 more AstraZeneca vaccine doses
- Three million Moderna vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam this week