A woman gets a shot of Covid-19 vaccine in HCMC. Vietnam will receive 750,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses from the Czech Republic - PHOTO: LAM VU
HCMC - Apart from its donation of 250,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam, the Czech Republic will offer the country 500,000 doses to help it fight off the pandemic.
During a phone conversation with Vietnamese counterpart Pham Minh Chinh on August 9, Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis made the decision following Prime Minister Chinh’s proposal, saying that the Czech government would call on other European countries to help Vietnam access Covid vaccines as soon as possible.
Though the Covid-19 situation in the Czech Republic remains complicated, the Czech government decided to support Vietnam in the fight against the pandemic, said the Czech prime minister.
Besides, the two prime ministers agreed to strengthen cooperation in several priority fields such as the auto industry, transport, education and training and defense-security, while facilitating the transport of Vietnam’s farm produce to the Czech and European markets and the launch of a direct air route between the two countries.
In another development, on the same day, Phung Cong Dung, head of the HCMC Committee for Overseas Vietnamese, said that the committee wrote to the HCMC government proposing the city allow it to coordinate with the departments of Foreign Affairs, Health and Customs to promptly receive the donation of 50,000 vials of the Moderna vaccine from a group of Vietnamese lawyers in the United States.
- Vietnamese Czech Prime Minister Consents to Cooperate in Covid Fight
- Vietnamese, Czech PMs talk cooperation in COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam to receive COVID-19 vaccines from UK, Czech Republic
- Vietnam, Czech Republic step up tourism cooperation
- Vietnam Covid 19 Updates July 27 Czech Republic Donates Vaccine To Vietnam
- Embassy presents face masks to Vietnamese community in Czech Republic
- Czech President lauds friendship with Vietnam
- Photo exhibition spotlights Vietnam-Czech traditional relations
- Vietnamese culture impresses international friends in Czech Republic