A view of a field hospital in Binh Duong Province. The anti-Covid-19 steering committee of Binh Duong Province today, August 9, put the Field Hospital No. 4 into operation to treat Covid-19 patients - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The anti-Covid-19 steering committee of Binh Duong Province today, August 9 put the Field Hospital No. 4 into operation as new daily cases are rising in the southern province.
The field hospital with a capacity of 3,000 beds is expected to help raise the capacity of admitting and treating Covid patients in the province.
The capacity of the hospital, which is converted from the warehouse of Hoang Hung Company in Bau Bang District, can be raised to 5,000 beds, if necessary, the local media reported.
The provincial anti-virus steering committee has appointed Dr Huynh Minh Chin, director of the Bau Bang District Healthcare Center, as the director of the field hospital.
Nguyen Van Loi, secretary of the Party Committee in Binh Duong Province, asked the director of Field Hospital No. 4 to promptly admit Covid-19 patients within the next two days.
Earlier on August 3, Binh Duong Province put into service a Covid treatment facility with 5,300 beds which was requisitioned from a warehouse of Becamex IDC. Besides, the province converted an area of Viet Duc University in Ben Cat Town into a Covid treatment hospital with 3,000 beds. The province has over 21 Covid treatment facilities.
As of this morning, August 9, Binh Duong Province had reported 29,364 infections in the current fourth wave of the coronavirus, which began in late April, and over 170 deaths. Over 5,633 patients have made a full recovery from the disease.
- Binh Duong to establish two more Covid-19 field hospitals
- Binh Duong to set up two Covid treatment hospitals for foreigners
- Binh Duong to set up Covid-19 field hospital
- Hai Duong field hospital capacity doubled
- Binh Duong plans to have 10,000 more beds for Covid-19 patients
- HCMC opens Covid-19 field hospital with 1,000 beds
- Binh Duong converts workshop into Covid-19 field hospital
- Hai Duong dissolves last field hospital
- Lam Dong to set up Covid field hospital
- HCMC to set up one more field hospital for critically-ill Covid-19 patients