A COVID-19 testing site in Hanoi (Photo: Duy Linh)
NDO/VNA - Vietnam recorded 4,941 new COVID-19 infections, including 4,937 domestic and four imported cases, in the past 12 hours to 6am on August 8, the Ministry of Health said.
Ho Chi Minh City, which is the current largest pandemic hotspot, logged 1,896 cases, while its neighbouring Binh Duong province reported 1,477 infections.
The remainders were found in Long An (724), Dong Nai (390), Soc Trang (94), Hanoi (63), Da Nang (62), Vinh Long (57), Dong Thap (48), Ninh Thuan (23), Thua Thien-Hue (19), Kien Giang (18), Binh Dinh (14), Hau Giang (14), Phu Yen (13), Quang Ngai (9), Lao Cai (3), Ha Tinh (3), Thanh Hoa (2), Lang Son (2), Son La (2), Bac Lieu (2), and Ca Mau (2).
The new infections brought the national count to 205,656, including 203,313 locally-transmitted and 2,343 imported cases.
Of those, 66,637 patients have recovered from the disease while 3,250 others died.
As many as 8,896,615 doses of vaccines have been administered so far, including 888,459 second shots.
- Vietnam logs 135 new COVID-19 infections on June 21 afternoon
- Vietnam reports 7,244 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records 4,246 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam logs 90 new domestic COVID-19 infections
- Additional 7,623 COVID-19 cases, infections in Ho Chi Minh City halve
- COVID-19: 7,307 new infections recorded on July 23
- Vietnam Covid 19 Updates August 8 Vietnam Allows Home Quarantine For F0 cases
- Vietnam logs additional 263 domestic-transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 4,195 new COVID-19 infections on July 19