A street is under lockdown in Dong Nai. Dong Nai Province has allowed 145 taxis to resume operations to transport patients to hospitals during the shelter-in-place period - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - Dong Nai Province has allowed 145 taxis to resume operations to transport patients to hospitals during the shelter-in-place period, while permitting shippers to return to work from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. each day.
The 145 taxis, which belong to the Mai Linh, Saigon, Lado and Long Thanh taxi operators, will also be used for essential cases, mainly medical purposes, including transporting people from/to quarantine centers, the Dong Nai Department of Transport said on August 5.
The provincial department granted QR identification codes to the taxis to make it easier for anti-virus forces to check and control the operation of these vehicles.
During their operations, these taxis must comply with Covid-19 safety protocols and make hand sanitizers and face masks available, while the drivers must have a negative Covid-19 test certificate and make online heath declarations before work.
Earlier, the Dong Nai Department of Industry and Trade allowed delivery workers, or shippers, to return to work in the daytime, the local media reported.
These shippers were told to have identifying characteristics such as a uniform, boxes, a business logo or a travel permit. Each delivery man is allowed to work at only one commune, ward or district.
The provincial government on July 31 decided to continue adopting the social distancing order under the prime minister’s Directive 16 for 15 more days from August 2 until 15 and imposed night movement restrictions.
- HCMC Transport Dept seeks nod for taxi services during social distancing period
- How can I travel to, from Ho Chi Minh City airport given movement restrictions?
- Quang Nam, Quang Tri suspend passenger transport services to virus-hit localities
- More southern provinces suspend passenger transport to/from virus-hit HCMC
- Can Tho ceases bus services to/from virus-hit Tien Giang
- Taxi ban resumed on 11 Hanoi streets
- Tay Ninh suspends passenger transport services to Binh Duong
- Vietnam has 85 new Covid-19 cases
- An Giang stops bus services to/from virus-hit Dong Thap