President Nguyen Xuan Phuc. (Credit: TRAN HAI/NDO)
NDO/VNA - President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his spouse will pay an official friendly visit to Laos from August 9-10 at the invitation of General Secretary of the Lao People's Revolutionary Party and President of Laos Thongloun Sisoulith, Spokeswoman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang announced at an online press conference on August 5.
During the visit, President Phuc is scheduled to hold talks with Party General Secretary and President Thongloun; meet with Prime Minister Phankham Viphavanh and National Assembly Chairman Saysomphone Phomvihane; receive several senior leaders; and visit some former senior leaders of Laos.
He will deliver a speech at the first extraordinary session of the 9th NA of Laos, and attend and address the inaugural and handover ceremony of the Lao NA House, and join other activities.
Hang said that during these talks and meetings, the two sides will discuss measures to deepen the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos, thus bringing practical benefits to the people of both countries.
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc pays official friendly visit to Laos
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc arrives in Vientiane
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc concludes Laos visit
- Lao Party leader wraps up Vietnam visit
- Vietnam and Laos Top leaders hold phone talks
- Vietnam welcomes top Lao leader vissiting Hanoi
- Top leader holds phone talks with new Secretary General of Lao People’s Revolutionary Party
- Lao official commends new mindset in bilateral cooperation proposed by Vietnamese President
- Vietnam, Laos target more comprehensive, practical cooperation
- President Phuc s Visit to Elevate Vietnam Laos Relations to New Height