Dantri readers have sent over VND207m (USD8,900) to support a teacher who is struggling with cancer in Can Tho Province.
Nguyen Thi Ngoc Thanh receives the donation
Nguyen Thi Ngoc Thanh is a secondary school teacher. She got married and had two children. Unfortunately, her eldest daughter has Down syndrome and her second son has congenital chest deformity.
Over three years ago, Thanh’s mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer and two years later, Thanh was diagnosed with the disease. The family spent all money they had and borrowed VND200m to pay for treatment and support the children.
“I have to close the shop to look after my wife and son in the hospital and my daughter at home. I have lost many customers,” Thanh’s husband said.
Recently, Thanh’s son cracked his skull during a traffic accident and had to be hospitalised.
On July 9, Pham Tam, Dantri’s representative in Can Tho Province visited Thanh’s family with the leaders at Binh Thuy District’s People’s Committee and the Department of Education and Training. They transferred the donation of over VND207m to the family.
“After our story was published, many people have called us for encouragement and gave us presents. Some people travelled from Danang to visit us. I’m really moved and thankful for everyone’s help,” Thanh said.
According to the leaders of Binh Thuy District, the local authorities, neighbours and relatives tried to help Thanh’s family but it was not enough. The recent donation was emotional and real practical support for the family.
- DTiNews readers support father, daughter facing cancer
- Readers help ill father raise small children
- Dantri readers donate to help terminally-ill nurse
- Husband calls for help for ill son and wife
- Ill husband receives help from readers
- Readers donate to cerebral palsy children
- Readers donate to help orphan girl
- Readers help student pursue education dream
- Mother and daughter facing cancer need help
- Phu Yen mother seeks help to support small children