Nguyen Ba Ngoc Primary School. (Credit: VIET DUNG)
NDO – The earliest date for students to return to school will be September 1, meanwhile first graders may begin the new school year from August 23, according to the 2021-2022 academic year timeline recently issued by the Ministry of Education and Training.
Deputy Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Huu Do signed Decision No.2551 on August 4, stipulating the time frame for the 2021-2022 academic year for preschool children, general education and continuing education.
Accordingly, the earliest time to begin the new school year is September 1. For grade 1 specifically, the earliest time to return to school will be August 23.
The new school year opening ceremony is set for September 5.
Educational institutions are also expected to conclude the first semester before January 16, 2022, and the second semester before May 25, 2022, with the academic year to finish before May 31, 2022.
By June 30, schools must complete the recognition of the graduation of primary and junior secondary programmes while the enrolment of students to first grades must be finished before July 31.
- HCMC’s students expected to return for 2020-2021 school year on September 1
- Vietnam’s new school year to begin on September 5 as usual
- Schools in Hanoi to begin new academic year on September 5 as usual
- HCMC to hire more teachers, staff for 2020-2021 academic year
- Schools in HCMC to finish second semester by May 15 due to Covid-19
- 23 million Vietnamese students enter new academic year
- HCMC recruits 514 teachers, employees in education sector for new school year
- Hanoi high school graduation rate reaches 98.9%
- New school year begins with joy amid COVID-19