At the virtual meeting held by the MIC on August 3. (Credit: Hien Minh/VGP)
NDO – The Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) has proposed the establishment of community technology teams at the grassroots level to boost the effectiveness of COVID-19 prevention and control.
The proposal was made during the virtual meeting held by the MIC on August 3 to disseminate experience in deploying technology platforms for COVID-19 prevention and control.
Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Huy Dung said that technology is for serving life and solving social problems. The country's biggest and immediate problem is to roll back the COVID-19 pandemic across the country, thus technology is certainly an indispensable tool in effectively fighting against the pandemic.
Dung noted that the Ministry of Health and MIC agreed to set up the National Technology Centre for COVID-19 prevention and control, thus, technology teams at the grassroots level should also be promptly established under the management of Departments of Health and Departments of Information and Communications.
If we can set up community technology teams at ward and commune levels with the participation of the youth and enterprises, it will provide an effective means for pandemic prevention and control, Dung added.
However, Dung said that technology cannot solve problems on its own, but must be combined with other administrative and professional management measures to become a complete solution.
- “Make in Vietnam” digital technology product awards launched
- Vietnamese embrace domestic online platforms during Covid 19 pandemic
- Vietnam successfully masters COVID-19 test kit technology
- IT companies help to fight pandemic with technology
- Deputy PM chairs teleconference on COVID-19 fight in new situation
- 2020 the dawn of national digital transformation: Insiders
- Technology tremendously boosts Covid-19 fight in Vietnam
- 239 products competing for the “Make in Vietnam digital technology products” award
- Vietnam Open Technology Forum 2020: Promoting National Digital Transformation