Minster of Public Security General To Lam (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Minster of Public Security General To Lam on August 2 asked public security forces to continue their intensive and extensive cooperation with Laos across spheres, especially in the fight against drug crimes.
He urged relevant units to soon complete the draft agreement on cooperation in drug prevention and control between the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security and its Lao counterpart.
The Vietnamese side should share experience and help Laos in completing its legal system in this regard, especially in the management of drug addicts and illegal drug users, he said.
It was reported at the meeting that over the past time, Vietnam and Laos have stepped up the exchange of information about drug crimes, conducted join patrols and coordinated in destroying opium poppy plants.
The two countries have organised 18 ministerial-level meetings and signed 18 documents on cooperation in drug prevention and control. The Vietnamese side has also organised training courses for Lao colleagues to raise their capacity in this field.
- Four drug traffickers from Laos arrested in Thanh Hoa
- Vietnam, Laos seek to further boost defence cooperation
- Drug trafficker arrested in Kon Tum for cross border smuggling
- Cuba assists Vietnam with medical team, antiviral drug for Covid-19 fight
- Hai Phong City’s police seize over 665 kilograms of drug
- Danang Council to elect new chairman
- Vietnam UK step up cooperation in crime combat
- Vietnam disapproves of legalised drug use
- Vietnam, Laos strengthen cooperation for 2021-2030 period