A man has his sample taken for COVID-19 testing in Hanoi. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam recorded 4,254 new COVID-19 cases from 6 am to 6.30 pm on August 2, including seven imported ones, according to the Ministry of Health
> Localities asked to brace for higher numbers of COVID-19 infections
Ho Chi Minh City, the country’s current largest hotspot, logged 2,267 cases, followed by Binh Duong with 453, Long An (445), Khanh Hoa (286), Dong Nai (191), Ba Ria-Vung Tau (132) and Hanoi (113).
As many as 1,368 infections were detected in the community.
A total of 7,455 COVID-19 cases were reported nationwide on August 2, including 7,445 local cases.
The national count hit 161,761 as of August 2. The number of cases since the fourth wave of outbreaks hit Vietnam on April 27 amounted to 157,919.
On the day, 3,808 patients have been given the all-clear, bringing the total number of recoveries to 46,965.
As many as 389 COVID-19 related fatalities were added to the country’s death toll, which stands at 1,695.
More than 6.41 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered and 659,064 people have received two full shots.
To date, six types of COVID-19 vaccines have been authorised in Vietnam.
- Additional 4,374 new cases reported on early August 1
- Vietnam records 4,246 new COVID-19 cases
- Additional 1,612 new COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Vietnam reports six new COVID-19 cases, 53 recoveries
- Vietnam logs nearly 3,000 COVID-19 cases on July 14
- Vietnam reports 1,922 new COVID-19 cases on July 15 evening
- Vietnam logs additional 3,698 new COVID-19 cases
- Four new imported COVID-cases recorded on August 31 evening
- Additional 645 COVID-19 cases reported on July 8 afternoon