A woman is vaccinated against Covid-19 at the Hoan My Thu Duc Hospital in HCMC’s Thu Duc City. Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long has called on private healthcare units to join hands to fight the Covid-19 pandemic in HCMC - PHOTO: HOAN MY THU DUC HOSPITAL
HCMC – Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long has called on private healthcare units to join the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic in HCMC as all healthcare workers are responsible for looking after public health.
During an inspection at the intensive care units for critical Covid-19 patients in HCMC on August 1, the minister said that to enhance resources for the fight against the pandemic, the ministry had written to the chairpersons of cities and provinces, asking them mobilize private healthcare units, the local media reported.
In reality, many private healthcare centers have proactively participated in the Covid-19 vaccination campaign and treatment.
Minister Long said everyone must be responsible for combating the pandemic, with the healthcare sector taking the utmost responsibility.
As many private hospitals have worked out plans to divide themselves into two separate zones, with one treating Covid-19 patients, Minister Long asked private hospitals in HCMC to register the number of beds for Covid-19 patients and the number of medical workers for Covid-19 treatment, based on which the HCMC Department of Health will mobilize medical workers to the intensive care units.
Five private hospitals are involved in Covid-19 treatment---Hoan My Thu Duc in Thu Duc City, Trieu An and City International in Binh Tan District, Xuyen A in Cu Chi District and Nam Sai Gon in District 7.
The Ministry of Health has mobilized large central hospitals, such as Bach Mai, Viet Duc and Hue, to establish intensive care units in HCMC and put these units into operation soon.
However, as it is difficult to procure sufficient testing equipment, beds and other materials and machines, the minister expected private healthcare units to lend the equipment.
- HCMC: Over 1,400 healthcare workers vaccinated
- First 900 healthcare workers of HCMC to be vaccinated against Covid-19
- HCMC needs over 7,000 more medical workers for Covid-19 fight
- Several provinces send medical workers to HCMC to support Covid-19 fight
- PM wants private and State units to avoid competing over Covid vaccine purchase
- HCMC to have three more intensive care centers for Covid treatment
- Danang plans to set up field hospital with over 1,500 beds as pandemic rages on
- Four private hospitals in HCMC open doors to Covid-19 patients
- VCF provides medical equipment for Covid treatment hospitals
- 14 provinces say to help HCMC fight Covid