Anti-virus forces check a driver’s negative Covid-19 test certificate. The Ministry of Industry and Trade has issued an urgent dispatch to provinces and cities proposing they add workers active in the logistics and transport sectors, mainly drivers and conductors, to the priority list for Covid-19 vaccination - PHOTO: VNA
HANOI - The Ministry of Industry and Trade has issued an urgent dispatch to provinces and cities proposing they add workers active in the logistics and transport sectors, mainly drivers and conductors, to the priority list to receive the Covid-19 vaccination.
The logistics workers, drivers and employees at seaports and border gates play a vital role as frontline medical workers in the implementation of the Government’s dual task of fighting the pandemic and ensuring socio-economic growth, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Do Thang Hai said in the dispatch signed on July 30.
As such, the proposal is aimed at ensuring the smooth transportation of goods and avoiding disruptions of supply chains amid the complicated Covid-19 situation.
Logistics and goods circulation activities play a key role in the country’s economic growth, helping to ramp up industrial production.
However, over the past few days, the ministry has received complaints from industry associations and firms about inconsistent anti-virus regulations and traffic restrictions in many provinces and cities, increasing costs and delaying the time taken to transport goods and hindering production activities, Hai said.
The disruption in the transport of goods and local production will bring about a domino effect on other sectors such as husbandry and cultivation, pile financial pressure on firms and exporters and affect over 11.3 million workers in the processing and manufacturing sector.
The main reason for the disruption in the circulation of goods, food and materials is that the authorities have undervalued the importance of employees active in the logistics and transport sectors and they are yet to be prioritized for the Covid-19 vaccination.
As a result, the quarantine procedures and inspection steps for drivers and logistics workers are complicated, leading to a wastage of time and money for firms.
- Drivers transporting essential goods prioritized for Covid-19 test: HCMC Transport Dept.
- Ministry urges to review Covid-19 vaccination priority groups
- More people added to priority groups for Covid-19 vaccination
- Motorists from/to HCMC must show negative Covid-19 test result
- More groups given priority for COVID-19 vaccination
- Workers to be given priority for Covid-19 vaccination
- Vaccine passports proposed for drivers transporting farm produce through border gates
- Transport Ministry proposes prioritizing Covid-19 vaccination for sailors
- Localities asked to conduct quick Covid-19 tests for truckers