Medical workers on duty at a hospital. Four private hospitals in HCMC have registered to treat Covid-19 patients - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC - Four private hospitals in HCMC have registered to treat Covid-19 patients, helping ease the pressure on State-owned hospitals for Covid-19 treatment, the HCMC Department of Health announced today, July 27.
Accordingly, Trieu An Hospital registered to be split into two areas with one featuring 100 beds for Covid-19 patients. Over the past few months, the hospital has admitted and treated some Covid-19 cases who developed symptoms at its quarantine area.
Xuyen A Hospital also registered to use 125 beds for Covid-19 treatment. The hospital has pledged to design and build a separate area for treatment to avoid cross infection.
Besides, Nam Sai Gon International Hospital has resumed operations and registered to open its doors to Covid-19 patients, the local media reported.
The fourth private hospital is the Hoan My Thu Duc General International Hospital, which registered to convert into one specializing in treating Covid-19 patients, with a capacity of up to 200 beds. The hospital is installing liquid oxygen tanks to prepare to admit Covid-19 patients in the next few days.
The four private hospitals are eligible for Covid-19 treatment, the municipal department said, expecting other private hospitals to register to participate in the Covid-19 treatment to reduce the Covid-19 death rate and bring the pandemic under control.
- HCMC: Nine hospitals to treat patients in quarantine
- HCMC calls on all hospitals to get ready to admit Covid-19 patients
- HCMC opens Covid-19 field hospital with 1,000 beds
- HCMC prepared to cope with up to 15,000 Covid-19 cases, 500 critical patients
- Hospitals asked to set aside at least 40% of beds for Covid-19 patients
- HCMC sets up two Covid-19 treatment hospitals
- 1,000-bed field hospital put into operation in HCMC
- Tan Binh exhibition center transformed into Covid-19 treatment hospital
- HCMC to have three more intensive care centers for Covid treatment
- HCMC plans to build 1,000-bed field hospital