A doctor checks the health condition of Covid-19 patients. HCMC Chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong has written to the prime minister proposing sending over 7,000 medical workers to HCMC to help the city in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - HCMC Chairman Nguyen Thanh Phong has written to the prime minister asking for dispatching over 7,000 medical workers to help HCMC fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
The proposal is aimed at increasing the number of medical forces and easing the pressure on the health sector in HCMC as the city is struggling with the complicated and unpredictable developments of Covid-19, the local media reported.
The city needs 927 more doctors and over 4,100 nurses and technicians for Covid-19 treatment and some 2,000 medical workers who can take samples for Covid-19 testing.
The Ministry of Health had earlier dispatched some 2,000 medical workers, including 573 doctors, from 25 hospitals in several provinces and cities to the city to join the Covid-19 fight.
In addition, the ministry mobilized 1,600 medical lecturers and students to help HCMC to take samples for Covid-19 testing.
Since the current fourth wave of Covid-19 broke out on April 27, HCMC has reported 48,863 domestic Covid-19 cases, making it the country’s largest coronavirus hotspot.
On July 22, the HCMC government sent a dispatch to the departments and agencies announcing the “All people join the fight against Covid-19 and illegal entry” campaign, aimed at calling on all residents in the city to join the fight with the competent forces to stop illegal entry and exit and beat the pandemic.
- PM asks 40 localities to support HCMC, other southern localities to tackle pandemic
- Several provinces send medical workers to HCMC to support Covid-19 fight
- Dong Nai calls on private health units to join Covid-19 fight
- Health Minister calls on private healthcare sector to join HCMC’s fight against pandemic
- 14 provinces say to help HCMC fight Covid
- HCMC records 2,115 Covid-19 cases
- HCMC to have three more intensive care centers for Covid treatment
- HCMC Chairman congratulates health workers
- All 314 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC, Binh Duong
- Guesthouses, hotels might be used as Covid-19 treatment centers