Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son (R) and newly-appointed Russian Ambassador Gennady Bezdetko(Photo: baoquocte.vn)
NDO/VNA - Vietnam always treasures its traditional friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia, considering it one of the top priorities in Vietnam’s foreign policy, Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son said while receiving newly-appointed Russian Ambassador to Vietnam Gennady Bezdetko in Hanoi on July 22.
FM Son congratulated Bezdetko on his return to Vietnam in his new position as the ambassador, and stressed that the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs will create optimal conditions for the diplomat to well fulfill his tasks.
Vietnam wants to step up cooperation in multiple spheres, including the exchange of delegations, especially high-ranking delegations, he said.
The Minister said that the Vietnam-Russia relations have been flourishing despite adverse impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic, voicing his hope that Russia will continue helping Vietnam to get access to COVID-19 vaccines, transfer COVID-19 vaccine production technology and provide medical supplies, equipment and medicines for the Southeast Asian nation.
He asked the ambassador to foster cooperation in the fields of politics, economy-trade, energy-oil and gas, along with relations between the two foreign ministries in an effort to strengthen the bilateral ties.
For his part, Bezdetko spoke highly of Vietnam's accomplishments in national development and heightening its position on the international arena.
Vietnam is among Russia’s top priorities in Southeast Asia and Asia-Pacific as well, the ambassador affirmed, pledging that in his new position, he will exert efforts to deepen the bilateral relationship, practically benefiting people of both countries.
Russia will closely collaborate with Vietnam in COVID-19 prevention and control, and stands ready to provide COVID-19 vaccines and transfer vaccine production technology to Vietnam, he added.
On this occasion, Bezdetko conveyed Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s invitation to Son to visit Russia at an appropriate time, which the Vietnamese Minister accepted with pleasure.
- Vietnamese Ambassador presents copy of credentials to Russian Deputy Foreign Minister
- President hosts foreign ambassadors
- Vietnam s President Looks to Strengthen Relations with Thailand Chile Cuba Russia
- CSV enables Nestlé Vietnam to step closer to sustainability
- Defense Minister calls for more science-technology cooperation with Russia
- New Vietnamese Foreign Minister highlights four priorities for next five years video
- The newly elected Foreign Affairs Minister's 30-year journey as a diplomat
- Russia, India, China support relations based on international law
- Top legislator receives Russian, Cuban diplomats