The entrance to Nguyen Dinh Chieu Hospital in Ben Tre City of the province of the same name. Ben Tre reported its first Covid-19 death today, July 21 – PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – A 64-year-old woman with underlying health problems in Ben Tre Province’s Ba Tri District died of Covid-19 this morning, July 21, becoming the first Covid-19 fatality there.
Ngo Van Tan, director of the provincial Health Department, confirmed that the patient tested positive for the coronavirus in Ba Tri District.
She was then transferred from the Ba Tri General Hospital to the provincial Tuberculosis and Lung Disease Hospital on July 13 for further treatment when she developed symptoms of fatigue and shortness of breath. She was again sent to the Nguyen Dinh Chieu Hospital on the same day.
During her stay at the Nguyen Dinh Chieu Hospital, she was taken into intensive care and her health condition was stable from July 14 to 20. It worsened last night and she was pronounced dead at 7:15 a.m. today.
This is the first Covid-19 death in this Mekong Delta province.
According to the provincial anti-Covid-19 steering committee, Ben Tre on July 4 reported its first locally-infected case linked to a fishing port in the neighboring province of Tien Giang. By 6 a.m. today, Ben Tre recorded a total number of 328 domestic infections.
The province set up four Covid-19 field hospitals at three local hospitals and one medical center. The field hospitals can treat 1,500 Covid-19 patients and handle 5,000 direct contacts of confirmed coronavirus cases.
- Five more Covid-19 patients confirmed dead
- Tien Giang reports four more Covid-19 deaths
- Danang man tested positive for Covid-19 sees worse health
- Three more Covid-19 patients with underlying illnesses die
- Danang Lung Hospital discharges five recovered Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam reports 260 new Covid-19 cases, two more deaths
- Three elderly Covid-19 patients die
- Dong Thap reports first Covid-19 death
- Woman found infected with Covid-19 after death