Local residents were seen at a police station in Hanoi for vehicle registration before the Covid-19 pandemic. People can register new vehicles, transfer vehicles or report stolen vehicles via an online platform of the Traffic Police Department starting today, July 21 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Local people can register new vehicles, transfer vehicles or report stolen vehicles via an online platform of the Traffic Police Department starting today, July 21.
Do Thanh Binh, deputy head of the department under the Ministry of Public Security, said that local people can visit the portal of the department to make vehicle registrations and access relevant services.
The police will reply to vehicle registration requests by email or phone.
The online services are expected to help local people save time and reduce one-on-one contact to avoid the risk of Covid-19 transmission, Binh said.
By visiting the portal, local people can carry out a wide range of online services such as registering a vehicle for the first time; registering to transfer the vehicle ownership; changing or renewing vehicle registration certificates, number plates and recalling vehicle registration certificates, number plates.
Through the portal, they can also report lost vehicles, vehicle registration certificates, number plates and other vehicle-related documents; damaged vehicles that cannot be used; expired vehicles; sold vehicles whose ownership has yet to be transferred, without having to visit the local competent agencies.
Once the applications for vehicle registration services are completed, people can opt to visit the local competent agencies to get the results or receive them by post.
- HCMC suspends new vehicle registration from today
- Vietnam’s HCMC suspends new vehicle registration
- Vehicles providing transport services will have yellow licence plates
- Abolishing procedures for confirming origin declaration: data-based management connection
- Tan Son Nhat Airport to perform traffic separation from November 14
- Truck driver fined US$173.2 for not giving way to police vehicle
- Registration fees for electric vehicles would be half those for gasoline cars
- US police investigating Christmas vehicle explosion
- Visa issuance for foreigners in Vietnam to be performed online