A street in Ward 19 in Binh Thanh District is disinfected to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The government of Binh Thanh District in HCMC has decided to put Ward 19 with over 19,000 people on lockdown starting from early tomorrow, July 22 - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC - Binh Thanh District of HCMC has decided to put Ward 19 with over 19,000 people on lockdown starting from early tomorrow, July 22, until further notice as Covid-19 infections are mounting there.
Binh Thanh's anti-Covid steering committee said today, July 21, that the committee had informed the ward of the indefinite lockdown on July 20.
During the lockdown, residents will not be allowed to leave the ward, except for emergencies or medical reasons, and to avoid gatherings of over two persons and maintain a safe physical distance, the local media reported.
Harsh sanctions will be imposed on firms and individuals that violate anti-Covid regulations.
Residents can contact the government of Ward 19 on 02838404112 for support and guidelines on supplies of food and essential goods and contact the Ward 19 Healthcare Center on 02838401859 for support for medical checkup.
By yesterday, 167 Covid cases have been confirmed in Ward 19, which is home to some densely-populated areas already hit by Covid, such as Pham Viet Chanh and Nguyen Ngoc Phuong apartment building compounds.
- Another ward in HCMC’s Binh Thanh District put under lockdown
- Thu Duc City locks down two wards with nearly 80,000 residents
- HCMC to lift lockdown on five wards with 250,000 residents
- Dong Nai locks down ward with 40,000 workers
- Two more markets in HCMC put under lockdown
- Health Ministry reports 1,438 fresh Covid-19 cases, mostly in HCMC
- Social distancing in HCMC extended for two more weeks
- Can Tho locks down Pataya Food with over 1,000 workers
- HCMC pinpoints lockdown locations due to Covid-19 risks
- Sellers at wet markets to be tested weekly