Residents of Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province, are swabbed for Covid-19 testing. The Khanh Hoa Department of Health has reported five Covid-19 deaths - PHOTO: NLDO
HCMC – The Department of Health of the central coastal province of Khanh Hoa has reported five Covid-19 deaths, all elderly patients with severe underlying illnesses.
Director of the department Bui Xuan Minh said this morning, July 21, that the deceased, aged from 55 to 82, had been receiving medical treatment at the provincial Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Lao Dong newspaper reported.
Among the deceased, three were residents of Ninh Hoa Town, one of Nha Trang City and one of Cam Lam District.
At a meeting this morning, secretary of the provincial Party Committee Nguyen Hai Ninh asked the provincial steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control to take more drastic measures to combat the pandemic and accelerate testing.
As of July 21, Khanh Hoa had 713 Covid cases. The local healthcare sector has conducted quick tests on 126,000 people and RT-PCR tests on 185,000 others.
- Three more Covid-19 patients with underlying illnesses die
- Bac Ninh struggles to prevent Covid-19 deaths as 20 patients in worse condition
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 caseload jumps by 909
- Khanh Hoa to pilot vaccine passport program
- Three more Covid-19 deaths reported
- Three imported Covid-19 cases reported in Khanh Hoa
- Police probe HCMC Eye Hospital
- Five more Covid-19 patients confirmed dead
- Binh Duong reports two more Covid-19 deaths