A medical worker takes samples from a woman for Covid-19 testing. The Danang Hospital is cooperating with the relevant units to map out a plan to set up the Field Hospital No. 1 for Covid-19 treatment - PHOTO: LDO
HCMC - The Danang Hospital is cooperating with the relevant units to map out a plan to set up the Field Hospital No. 1 for Covid-19 treatment with up to 1,700 beds after the city detected several Covid-19 infections.
Tran Thanh Thuy, deputy director of the Danang Department of Health, said today, July 20, that some units were planning to establish a field hospital.
The field hospital, to be located in Hoa Hiep Nam Ward in Lien Chieu District, will admit and treat Covid-19 patients with no symptoms or mild ones, the local media reported.
On the same day, 34 students at the Dong A University in the city were mobilized to join the fight against Covid-19 at the field hospital by the municipal department.
Besides, the Danang Lung Hospital and the Hoa Vang Healthcare Center will work with the Danang Hospital and the Danang Hospital for Women and Children to set up an intensive care area with 200 beds for critically-ill Covid-19 patients.
In addition, the Hoa Vang Healthcare Center has set up an artificial kidney treatment area for positive Covid-19 cases, suspected ones and direct contacts of confirmed cases.
This morning, Danang City reported 32 domestic Covid-19 cases, taking its Covid-19 count to 472 in the current fourth coronavirus wave, which began on April 27.
- Danang field hospital closed as no new Covid-19 patients detected
- HCMC plans to build 1,000-bed field hospital
- Da Nang will be closed Tien Son field hospital because of no Covid-19 patients.
- HCMC opens Covid-19 field hospital with 1,000 beds
- Phu Yen to set up second Covid-19 field hospital as infections surge
- Danang sets up field hospitals as local coronavirus infections surge
- Da Nang sets up more field hospital for COVID-19 treatment
- Binh Duong to set up Covid-19 field hospital
- Da Nang’s Hoa Vang field hospital ready to treat COVID-19 patients