Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam gives suggestions to Di An city and Binh Duong province in the prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic. (Photo: tuoitrethudo.com.vn)
NDO/VNA - Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam highlighted the importance of increasing the capacity of oxygen production to treat COVID-19 patients while visiting the Viet Nga Special Gases Joint Stock Company in the southern province of Binh Duong on July 20.
Deputy PM Dam, who is also head of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, asked Binh Duong's authorised agencies to coordinate with the gas producer to provide sufficient oxygen for COVID-19 treatment facilities in the province.
He suggested Binh Duong prepare medical resources, hospital beds and oxygen supplies for not only the province itself but also Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam's current largest COVID-19 hotspot.
Right after the pandemic is put under control in the locality, Binh Duong can support Ho Chi Minh City and other provinces and cities in the southeastern region, he added.
- Oxygen production suppliers could double it capacity if needed
- Binh Duong to set up Covid-19 field hospital
- Virus-hit southern provinces in dire need of vaccines: Deputy Minister
- Binh Duong seeks help as Covid-19 cases surge
- Health Ministry advises against stockpiling medical oxygen, ventilators
- Quang Ninh locks down Binh Duong Commune to prevent Covid-19 spread
- Field hospitals in Hai Duong put into operation in response to COVID-19 outbreak
- Deputy Health Minister works with Quang Nam on COVID-19 combat
- Binh Duong reports two more Covid-19 deaths