The isolation area related to a drugstore in Lang Ha, Hanoi. (Photo: DUY LINH)
NDO/VNA - A further 4,789 domestic cases of COVID-19 were reported in Vietnam on July 20, along with six imported cases quarantined upon arrival.
Among the new domestic infections, as many as 728 cases were detected in the community. Others are in quarantined facilities or sealed-off areas.
Ho Chi Minh City recorded the highest number with 3,322 cases, followed by the southern provinces of Binh Duong (578), Dong Nai (162) and Tien Giang (133).
Other cases are from Da Nang (61), Khanh Hoa (53), Hanoi (46), Long An (46), Can Tho (45), Vinh Long (43), Phu Yen (39), Ben Tre (34), Ba Ria - Vung Tau (26), Ninh Thuan (22), Kien Giang (20), Binh Thuan (14), Hau Giang (10), Dak Lak (10), Vinh Phuc (9), An Giang (8), Nghe An (8), Binh Phuoc (6), Bac Lieu (4), Bac Ninh (4), Lam Dong (3), Quang Nam (3), Binh Dinh (3), Hung Yen (3), Quang Ngai (2), Kon Tum (2), Lang Son (1), Gia Lai (1), Bac Giang (1) and Dak Nong (1).
The Central Highlands province of Kon Tum reported the first two cases since the start of the pandemic.
The national tally has to date reached 62,820, including 60,735 domestically-transmitted and 2,085 imported cases.
Also on July 20, as many as 396 patients have recovered fully, raising the total number of recoveries to 11,443.
As many as 123 patients are being treated in intensive care units. Eighteen other cases are in critical condition and being treated with ECMO.
A total of 4,305,501 million COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered nationwide.
To date, 180 units nationwide have been allowed to conduct COVID-19 confirmation tests by the Health Ministry.
- Vietnam reports 4,195 new COVID-19 infections on July 19
- Additional 1,612 new COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Vietnam reports 1,922 new COVID-19 cases on July 15 evening
- 2,180 new Covid-19 cases reported as infection continues spiralling up
- COVID-19: Vietnam adds 2,155 cases to national count on July 20 morning
- Vietnam logs 135 new COVID-19 infections on June 21 afternoon
- Single-day rise in Covid-19 cases hits new record
- Vietnam confirms 330 more COVID-19 cases, mostly in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam reports 852 new Covid-19 cases