Medical workers are working at a field hospital. The Ministry of Health has written to the prime minister proposing requisitioning guesthouses, hotels, military barracks and schools as Covid-19 treatment centers - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health has written to the prime minister proposing requisitioning guesthouses, hotels, military barracks and schools as Covid-19 treatment centers.
The proposal was made as the number of Covid-19 infections has been surging these days, especially in HCMC and other southern provinces. Besides, the number of active Covid-19 patients has surpassed 32,000.
These treatment centers will admit Covid-19 patients who are asymptomatic or very mild to help ease the overload facing hospitals so that these hospitals can focus on treating ill patients.
The Covid-19 patients with no symptoms or mild ones accounted for 80% of the total, according to the statistics from the ministry.
The requisitioning has been piloted successfully in Bac Giang, the ministry said, adding that HCMC is applying the model.
In addition, the ministry said that at the requisitioned treatment centers, medical workers would monitor the health condition of the positive cases and quickly transfer them to hospitals eligible for treatment when their health worsens.
The treatment facilities will also feature a subclinical area, a medical center, an administrative area, dining rooms and a waste treatment area.
- HCMC advises against requisitioning schools as quarantine centers
- 80% of Covid-19 patients in HCMC have no or mild symptoms
- HCMC calls on all hospitals to get ready to admit Covid-19 patients
- HCMC prepared to cope with up to 15,000 Covid-19 cases, 500 critical patients
- What are Ho Chi Minh City’s COVID-19 quarantine and treatment capacities?
- HCMC allows requisitioning hotels as paid quarantine facilities for close contacts
- HCMC opens Covid-19 field hospital with 1,000 beds
- Health Ministry to issue instructions on home quarantine for Covid-19 patients in HCMC
- Many Covid-19 patients in critical condition