The latest batch of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine donated by the Japanese Government landed in Ho Chi Minh City. (Photo: The Penisular Qatar)
NDO/VNA - The latest batch of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine donated by the Japanese Government landed at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City on July 16 morning.
The batch of AstraZeneca vaccine, manufactured in Japan and announced by Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi on July 13, brought the total volume of COVID-19 vaccine granted to Vietnam to nearly 3 million doses in just a month after the first shipment on June 15.
Japan always wants to help Vietnam overcome this challenge, reads an announcement from the Japanese Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City regarding the delivery of the batch, as Vietnam is dealing with the intense fourth wave of infections that have resulted in nearly 40,000 cases since late April.
A total of 4,185,623 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered to Vietnamese people so far, with 3,890,947 people getting the first shot and 294,676 others fully receiving two jabs.
- 600,000 additional AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated by Japan arrive in Vietnam
- Japan donates additional 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- Japan says to donate another one million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- Japan-donated Covid-19 vaccine batches to arrive in Vietnam early July
- 400,000 more Covid-19 vaccine doses donated by Japan arrive in Vietnam
- 580,000 more AstraZeneca vaccine doses ordered by VNVC arrive in HCMC
- Japan to present one million more Covid-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Japan to donate 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- Japan donate 1 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam