Taking samples of traders at traditional markets in Phu Yen for COVID-19 testing (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam recorded 1,922 new COVID-19 infections, including 33 imported and 1,889 local cases, from 6am to 7.30pm on July 15, according to the Ministry of Health.
Of the new domestic cases, 1,399 were in Ho Chi Minh City, 122 in Binh Duong, 63 in Dong Thap, 60 in Dong Nai, 41 in Long An, 33 in Da Nang, 30 each in Ben Tre and Phu Yen, 17 each in Vinh Long and Binh Thuan, 13 in Binh Phuoc, 12 in Hung Yen, 11 in Can Tho, 10 in Ninh Thuan, seven in Hanoi, four each in Soc Trang, Quang Ngai and Khanh Hoa, three each in Bac Ninh and Tra Vinh, and one each in Binh Dinh, Ca Mau, Vinh Phuc, Lam Dong, Dak Lak, and Bac Giang.
The figure raised the total cases recorded in the past 24 hours to 3,416, including 3,379 domestic infections. Ho Chi Minh City, the largest coronavirus hotspot in the country, documented 2,691 cases.
Of the total, 3,099 cases were detected in quarantine or locked down areas.
By 7.30pm on July 15, Vietnam had a total of 38,858 locally transmitted cases and 1,992 imported ones. The number of domestic infections since the fourth wave of COVID-19 outbreaks hit the country on April 27 was 37,288, including 6,914 recoveries.
Among the active patients, 307 tested negative for the coronavirus once, 114 twice and 81 thrice.
As many as 64 patients were given the all-clear on July 15, raising the total number of recoveries to 9,688.
Twelve provinces and cities have gone through two weeks without any new infections.
A total of 4,146,767 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered so far, with 3,859,995 people getting the first shot and 286,772 others receiving two jabs.
- Vietnam confirms 330 more COVID-19 cases, mostly in Ho Chi Minh City
- Additional 463 cases detected on July 10 afternoon
- Vietnam reports 852 new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam logs 135 new COVID-19 infections on June 21 afternoon
- Vietnam reports highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms 233 more domestic COVID-19 cases
- One imported, 16 domestic cases of COVID-19 documented on May 10 afternoon
- Single-day rise in Covid-19 cases hits new record
- Vietnam Covid 19 Updates July 11 1 860 New Cases 2 Deaths Over Last 24 Hours