Consulate representatives give support for Ho Chi Minh City in the fight against COVID-19. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of Ho Chi Minh City held a ceremony to receive donations including VND 5 billion (US$ 217,773) and 75,000 medical masks from a number of Consulates General and foreign enterprises in the locality for the city's COVID-19 prevention and control efforts.
To Thi Bich Chau, Chairwoman of the committee, acknowledged and appreciated the support and vowed to use the donated money and medical masks in a right and transparent way.
Speaking at the ceremony, Watanabe Nobuhiro, Consul General of Japan to Ho Chi Minh City, expressed that the support and contributions by the Japanese Government, businesses and people have been warmly received by Vietnam in general and Ho Chi Minh City in particular, hoping that they would contribute to the success of the COVID-19 fight in the country.
On behalf of the Republic of Korea's businesses in the city, Shon Young Il, Chairman of the Korean Business Association (KORCHAM), affirmed that Korean businesses in the locality always support and highly value the COVID-19 prevention and control measures of Ho Chi Minh City and the Government of Vietnam. He stressed that Korean companies wish to contribute to this fight.
- Medical supplies for Vietnamese in RoK to cope with COVID-19
- Vietnam Consulate General in Cambodia sent gifts to support Preah Sihanouk against pandemic
- Japanese investors shifting to Vietnam to diversify supply chain
- Vietnam Cambodia Friendship Association in Da Nang supports Covid fight
- Haul of medical supplies donated to OVs in RoK to fight COVID-19 pandemic
- Vietnamese localities Consulate General in Luang Prabang support Laos in Covid 19 battle
- Medical masks presented to Vietnamese community in Cyprus
- Lao province supports Vietnamese localities in pandemic fight
- Vietnam localities gift medical supplies to support Laos Covid 19 fight