Nano Covax is developed by the Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC based on recombinant DNA/protein technology.
NDO/VNA - As many as 13,000 shots of homegrown Nano Covax vaccine were administered to volunteers aged 18-75 in the third trial phase as of July 14.
Prof. Dr. Maj. Gen. Hoang Van Luong, Deputy Director of the Defence Ministry’s Military Medical University, said after being injected, the volunteers are in stable conditions. Medical workers have asked them to update information about side effects if any on the e-Diary.
Units are also preparing for injecting the second shots to 1,000 volunteers in the first round of the third trial phase.
The second shots in the third phase are due to be administered to the volunteers before August 15.
Nano Covax is developed by the Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC based on recombinant DNA/protein technology. It went through the first-phase trial from December 18, 2020 and the second phase from February 26, 2021. The third phase started on June 11, 2021.
Results from the first two trial phases showed that all volunteers developed antibodies against coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
- Over 900 more volunteers get Nano Covax shots in third phase of clinical trial
- First 1,000 jabs in third-phase trials of Nano Covax administered
- Vietnam completes second phase of human trials of Covid-19 vaccine
- Seventeen volunteers get second shot of Nano Covax
- Nano Covax Covid-19 vaccine enters final stage of human trials
- First 35 volunteers receive injections of home-grown COVID-19 vaccine in second-stage trial
- Urgent approval sought for Vietnam’s Nano Covax vaccine candidate
- Ministry greenlights Covid-19 vaccine trial on human with highest dose
- Health ministry projects to complete third phase human trial of Vietnamese-made vaccine in August