Competent forces on duty at a coronavirus checkpoint. The Ministry of Health this morning, July 15, confirmed 805 fresh Covid-19 cases, including four imported and 801 locally infected cases in 11 provinces and cities - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health this morning, July 15 confirmed 805 fresh Covid-19 cases, including four imported and 801 locally infected cases in 11 provinces and cities, taking the country’s Covid-19 tally to 38,239.
The four imported cases were reported in An Giang, Ninh Binh and Ba Ria-Vung Tau.
Among the domestic infections, HCMC accounted for the most at 603, sending the city’s caseload in the current fourth coronavirus wave to 19,405.
Dong Nai Province came second with 72 locally-infected cases, followed by Dong Thap with 36, Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa with 18 each, Ba Ria-Vung Tau with 17, Hanoi with 11, Hung Yen with 10, An Giang with eight, Ninh Thuan with seven and Dak Nong with one.
As many as 725 cases were detected at quarantine centers or in areas under lockdown.
The latest domestic infections raised the country’s total number of community-transmitted Covid-19 cases in the current fourth wave, which began in late April, to 34,710, with 6,850 patients having made a full recovery.
In related news, HCMC has locked down several quarters in Ward 13 in District 10, with a total of some 10,000 residents, for 14 days starting from today due to new cases in the ward.
During the lockdown period, residents are required not to go out, except for emergencies or special cases, the local media reported.
In another development, Changshin Vietnam in Dong Nai Province, with 41,000 workers, on July 14 suspended its operations for six days to prevent Covid-19 spreading.
Earlier, after one positive Covid-19 case was detected at Changshin Vietnam, the firm quickly shut down its factory where the patient works and conducted tests on all of its employees.
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- 60 more new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- HCMC detects 46 more domestic Covid-19 cases
- 76 Covid-19 infections reported, all in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh
- Vietnam detects 277 fresh Covid-19 cases, mostly in HCMC
- New Covid-19 infections soar by 353, fearsome caseload in HCMC
- Domestic infections exceed 30,000 in current Covid wave
- Vietnam has 36 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases