The ribbon cutting ceremony for the inauguration of the spiritual memorial area at Co Noi crossroads relic site. (Photo: NDO)
NDO – A spiritual memorial area was officially inaugurated at the Co Noi crossroads relic site in Mai Son District, in the northern mountainous province of Son La on July 14.
The project, with a total investment of more than VND14 billion, covers an area of over 10 hectares.
During the Dien Bien Phu campaign in the fight against French colonialism, the Co Noi crossroads was the connecting point between National Highway 41 (now National Highway 6) and National Highway 13 (now National Highway 37).
All activities of the assisting forces transporting weapons and food from Yen Bai Province and from the northern delta to Dien Bien Phu passed through this key junction.
As the Dien Bien Phu Campaign ended, over 100 youth volunteers heroically sacrificed themselves at the Co Noi crossroads contributing to the glorious history of Vietnam’s youth volunteer force.
In 2004, the Co Noi crossroads relic site was recognised by the Ministry of Culture and Information (now Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism) as a national historical relic site.
The relic site has become a red address and symbol for the brave spirit of Vietnam’s Youth Volunteer force.
- Dien Bien aims to welcome 5.4 million visitors in 2021-2025
- Master plan of President Ho Chi Minh memorial site in Nghe An announced
- A panorama of Dien Bien Phu Campaign
- Going to Dien Bien to learn about history
- Closing the plan to build Bien Hoa – Vung Tau Expressway
- Quang Tri tourism visits the famous General Secretary Le Duan relic site
- Beautiful scenery of Pac Bo relic site
- Back to Kon Tum, remember to visit the victory relic of Dak To – Tan Canh
- Visit the ATK relic of Dinh Hoa – a place for the education of revolutionary history in Thai Nguyen