Medical workers take care of Covid-19 patients. The Ministry of Health will soon issue instructions on the home quarantine for Covid-19 patients in HCMC - PHOTO: NDO
HCMC – The Ministry of Health will soon issue instructions on the home quarantine for asymptomatic Covid-19 cases who have been treated at medical facilities for over 10 days and coronavirus-infected medical workers who can themselves monitor their health conditions in HCMC.
The Covid-19 pandemic has been raging in HCMC. The city has continuously established field hospitals for Covid-19 treatment, including a Covid-19 intensive care center with 1,000 beds at the inpatient treatment zone of the HCMC Oncology Hospital No.2 in Thu Duc City, the local media reported.
However, the number of Covid-19 cases has been forecast to surge in the upcoming days, posing a high risk of an overload at Covid-19 treatment facilities.
According to Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son, the World Health Organization (WHO) had recommended that Covid-19 cases who have passed 10 consecutive days without developing any symptoms and had a low coronavirus volume could be quarantined at their homes.
The Ministry of Health will base on the WHO’s recommendations to work out specific instructions for HCMC.
However, Covid-19 patients must meet certain requirements at their homes like the requirements for direct contacts of Covid-19 cases.
- HCMC prepared to cope with up to 15,000 Covid-19 cases, 500 critical patients
- 80% of Covid-19 patients in HCMC have no or mild symptoms
- HCMC: Nine hospitals to treat patients in quarantine
- HCMC opens Covid-19 field hospital with 1,000 beds
- Medical worker in HCMC infected with Covid-19
- HCMC names seven hospitals as Covid-19 treatment facilities
- HCMC to buy 300,000 Covid-19 test kits
- Binh Duong seeks help as Covid-19 cases surge
- HCMC sets up two Covid-19 treatment hospitals