A batch of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine presented by Japan is transported to the Noi Bai International Airport warehouse. Japan will donate an additional one million doses to Vietnam - PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HCMC – Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi today, July 13, announced that Japan would donate an additional one million AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam, which will be the fourth vaccine donation by Japan over the past month.
According to the Ministry of Health, this Covid-19 vaccine donation is expected to arrive in Vietnam on July 16. It will raise the total number of doses given to Vietnam by Japan to nearly three million, the local media reported.
Japan sent three vaccine shipments totaling nearly two million doses to Vietnam on June 16, July 2 and 9.
On July 12, an additional 15,900 people were vaccinated against Covid-19, raising the total number of vaccinated people to more than four million, with nearly 280,400 of them receiving two shots.
This month, the Ministry of Health will receive 8.7 million Covid-19 vaccine doses. This week, the second Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine shipment will come to Vietnam.
The country set a target to vaccinate 70% of its population by April 2022 to reach herd immunity. To reach the target, Vietnam needs 150 million Covid-19 vaccine doses.
To date, deals have been secured with different suppliers for around 105 million vaccine doses.
- Japan says to donate another one million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- Japan donate 1 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Japan-donated Covid-19 vaccine batches to arrive in Vietnam early July
- 600,000 additional AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated by Japan arrive in Vietnam
- Japan donates additional 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- Japan to donate 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- 400,000 more Covid-19 vaccine doses donated by Japan arrive in Vietnam
- 580,000 more AstraZeneca vaccine doses ordered by VNVC arrive in HCMC
- Over one million Covid-19 vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam early July