A man gets a shot of a Covid-19 vaccine. The capital city of Hanoi is set to launch a mass vaccination drive to administer 5.1 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to residents aged from 18 to 65 citywide – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The capital city of Hanoi is set to launch a mass vaccination drive to administer 5.1 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to residents aged from 18 to 65 citywide, the municipal government announced yesterday, July 12.
After being approved by the municipal government, a detailed vaccination plan will be published on the Hanoi Health Department’s website next week, the local media reported.
If the vaccine supply is ensured, the city will ramp up efforts to give a maximum of 200,000 doses per day to residents. Besides this, the city will set up 824 vaccination sites and arrange 1,000 vaccination lines with each line expected to give 200 doses per day.
To ensure the safety of the vaccination drive, Hanoi will mobilize 100 mobile first-aid teams to promptly handle cases experiencing post-vaccination reactions.
According to an official from the Hanoi Center for Disease Control, all wards and communes citywide have registered to have their residents inoculated.
Residents can register for the vaccination program in two ways: fill in registration forms provided by their local authorities so that the local competent forces can insert the data into digital health books, or register online via digital health books and a Covid-19 vaccination portal, said the official.
Over the past few days, the Covid-19 situation in the capital has become complicated. Since July 5, it has reported 61 domestic infections.
- HCMC receives 56,250 doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Eight million Covid-19 vaccine doses to arrive this month: Health Minister
- HCMC’s huge vaccination drive expected to finish this Saturday
- Japan donates additional 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- HCMC plans to allocate 1.1mn COVID-19 vaccine doses in upcoming vaccination program
- HCM City to kick off largest-ever COVID-19 vaccination campaign on the weekend
- HCMC negotiates to buy five million doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- 800,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine to be allocated to HCMC
- HCMC expects to buy 5-10 million Covid-19 vaccine doses this year