A medical worker checks the body temperature of a person in a centralized quarantine center. Home quarantine for direct contacts of confirmed Covid-19 cases will be piloted nationwide – PHOTO: NLDO
HCMC - Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam has approved the Ministry of Health’s proposal to pilot home quarantine for direct contacts of confirmed Covid-19 cases nationwide.
The Government Office on July 12 announced the Deputy PM’s decision, following the rapid spread of the Covid-19 pandemic that has caused an overload at centralized quarantine facilities, the local media reported.
The Ministry of Health will base on the results of the solution in localities which have applied it to work out more specific instructions.
At a teleconference with the HCMC authorities on July 12, Deputy PM Dam said the quarantine of direct contacts of Covid-19 cases at home had been supported by many people. However, the requirements for quarantined people’s homes should be amended.
At the end of last month, the Ministry of Health instructed HCMC to pilot home quarantine for people in direct contact with Covid-19 cases for 28 days if they meet certain requirements at their homes.
Specifically, the house must have a room separate from the family’s shared space. If the house has many floors, one floor should be used for the quarantine.
There must be another room for medical workers to check the quarantined person’s health and take his/her samples.
The quarantine room must have its own toilet and bathroom, utilities for personal activities, a thermometer and a waste basket labeled “potential Covid-19 waste”.
Quarantined people are encouraged to use separate air conditioners and washing machines. In addition, other family members must wear protective suits, face masks, gloves and glasses when contacting quarantined people.
- Deputy Minister urges HCMC to quarantine direct contacts of Covid-19 cases at home
- HCMC quarantines direct contacts of confirmed Covid-19 cases at home
- Health Ministry to issue instructions on home quarantine for Covid-19 patients in HCMC
- HCMC to pilot 14-day home quarantine after 14-day centralized isolation
- HCMC considers quarantining direct contacts of confirmed cases at home
- Vissan continues supplying fresh food in HCMC after suspension proposal
- Most of new Covid-19 infections recorded in HCMC
- Vietnam detects 277 fresh Covid-19 cases, mostly in HCMC
- Vietnamese province places some 50,000 teachers, students in quarantine due to COVID-19 outbreak