A new record for daily local COVID-19 cases was reported on Friday with total of 1,616 infections.
HCM City remains the largest coronavirus hotspot in the country with 1,229 new cases, raising its total domestic cases to 10,295 since the fourth wave of infections emerged in late April.
As many as 12 localities have gone 14 days without new community infections.
Vietnam records highest daily rise in infections with 1,616 domestic cases, among the new cases, HCMC confirm 2,229 infections.
According to Vietnam News Agency, the infections were also reported in other southern and southern central provinces such as Long An (77), Bình Dương (73), Tiền Giang (34), Đồng Nai (32), Đồng Thap (32), Khanh Hoa (29), Phu Yen (28), Tra Vinh (8 ), Cần Thơ (6), An Giang (5), Ba Rịa – Vũng Tau (4), Hậu Giang (4), Bạc Lieu (2), Sóc Trăng (2) and Bình Phước (1).
Some Central Highlands and central region provinces also reported new community cases, including Gia Lai (1), Lam Đồng (1), Đắk Nong (1), Quảng Ngãi (7), Thanh Hóa (1), Đa Nẵng (1) and Nghệ An (1).
In the northern region, new infection cases were reported in Bắc Ninh (15), Bắc Giang (10), Hưng Yen (8), Vĩnh Phuc (2), and Ha Nội (2).
There were also nine imported COVID-19 cases detected today.
The health ministry also reported 34 recoveries and five deaths today, bringing the country’s total recoveries and deaths to 8,984 and 110 respectively.
As many as 12 localities have gone 14 days without new community infections, including Yen Bai, Quảng Trị, Tuyen Quang, Sơn La, Ninh Bình, Thai Nguyen, Điện Bien, Hải Dương, Phu Thọ, Nam Định, Quảng Nam and Lao Cai.
By Vietnam News
- Vietnam reports highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases
- 40 out of 50 new Covid-19 infections found in HCMC
- Vietnam reports whopping daily climb of 187 local COVID-19 infections
- Vietnam records 300 new Covid cases and two more deaths in a single day
- Vietnam logs 135 new COVID-19 infections on June 21 afternoon
- Bac Giang accounts for most of Vietnam’s new coronavirus infections
- Most of new coronavirus infections reported in Bac Giang, HCMC
- 76 Covid-19 infections reported, all in Bac Giang, Bac Ninh
- Vietnam records 79 new domestic Covid-19 infections, mostly in the south