Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong speaking at the event (Photo: NDO)
NDO/VNA – The third plenum of the 13th Party Central Committee concluded on July 8 afternoon with the adoption of a resolution, completing all of its working programme after four days.
Delivering his closing speech, Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong said the committee acknowledged the efforts of the entire Party, people and army in the implementation of the Resolution of the 13th National Party Congress; the successful organisation of the elections of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and to People's Councils at all levels for the 2021-2026 term; and especially in COVID-19 prevention and control work during the current fourth wave of outbreaks.
In the first half of the year, the nation continued pressing ahead with the dual targets of pandemic combat and socio-economic development, taking care of the people's life, while maintaining defence, political security, social safety and order, and promoting external activities in line with global developments of the epidemic.
However, Vietnam did not fulfill its socio-economic goals set for the period. The nation faced a host of challenges and difficulties amid increasingly complicated pandemic situation.
The Party chief emphasised that the socio-economic development plan should continue to be supplemented and clarified, ensuring an appropriate proportion of spending on development investment and regular expenditure.
It is necessary to attach importance to the participation of the whole political system; and to inspection, prevention and combat of corruption and wastefulness, he added.
The Party chief directed tightening disciplines and intensifying the fighting against corruption and vested interest in public investment.
The Central Committee unanimously agreed on the nomination of 23 additional candidates for a number of positions in the state leadership in the 2021-2026 term.
- Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
- Party Central Committee convenes 14th Plenum
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum ends earlier than expected
- Preparation for 13th Party Congress wrapped up
- Party Central Committee convenes 13th plenum
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum focuses on personnel work
- Party Central Committee to elect members for new term
- Top leader Nguyen Phu Trong re elected as Party General Secretary
- 13th National Party Congress a complete success: top leader