Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh addresses a meeting. He has asked the Ministry of Health to proactively work with relevant units and prioritize the supply of Covid-19 vaccines for HCMC this month – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has told the Ministry of Health to prioritize Covid-19 vaccine allocations for HCMC this month as the country's economic center is struggling to contain the fast community spread of the coronavirus.
PM Chinh threw his weight behind the city’s 15-day stay-at-home order starting at midnight, reported the local media.
He ordered the ministries of National Defense, Public Security, Transport and the relevant ministries and agencies to join hands with HCMC to stop the spread of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and ensure public security and social order in the city.
The head of the Government asked the city to make all-out efforts to ward off community spread while creating optimal conditions for industrial zones, export processing zones, hi-tech parks, factories and manufacturing facilities to maintain their operations.
Further, businesses and manufacturing facilities that meet all anti-virus requirements can continue operating. They have also been encouraged to allow workers to eat and rest after work on factory campuses.
The city has to proactively team up with the ministries and local authorities to quickly work out and execute plans to minimize traffic congestion and the disruption of transport between the city and other localities in the region.
Besides this, the Cabinet leader requested the city to prepare specific plans that ensure sufficient supplies of essential goods for local residents.
The city should encourage and create favorable conditions for the private sector to join the Covid-19 fight, especially the public and businesses, by purchasing medical equipment and vaccines, and converting hotels and lodging establishments into quarantine facilities.
- HCMC is given priority for vaccination
- PM wants private and State units to avoid competing over Covid vaccine purchase
- HCMC seen taking more aggressive measures to stop spread of Covid-19
- PM wants no repeat of mass gatherings in HCMC amid Covid spread
- Localities asked to minimize social distancing impact on socioeconomic development
- PM asks HCMC to closely control centralized quarantine centers
- HCMC wants to buy Covid-19 vaccine on its own
- Health Ministry urges faster Covid-19 vaccination in HCMC and 9 other provinces
- Procurement of Covid-19 vaccines an urgent task: PM