A man in HCMC has his sample taken for Covid-19 testing. People traveling from HCMC to 62 other localities must undergo a seven-day self-isolation period and three Covid-19 tests - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health has asked people traveling from HCMC to 62 other localities to self-isolate for seven days from the day they arrive in the localities and undergo three Covid-19 tests.
According to an urgent dispatch sent to the governments of localities today, July 7, all people from HCMC are considered to be in indirect contact with Covid-19 patients. After the seven-day home quarantine, they must continue monitoring their health condition for another week, the local media reported.
During the week, they must refrain from contact with other people and must not participate in events gathering many people. If they develop symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and loss of taste, they must inform the nearest medical center about their health condition.
The three tests will be conducted on the first, third and sixth quarantine days.
According to the Ministry of Health, the pandemic remains extremely complicated in HCMC and has spread to neighboring localities. Therefore, stronger and more drastic measures are needed to promptly control the pandemic.
The HCMC government must reach a consensus with the governments of other localities before moving people from HCMC to other cities and provinces and ensure safety on vehicles transporting them.
Drivers transporting cargo to/from HCMC must strictly comply with anti-pandemic regulations.
- HCMC asks hospitals to test patients showing symptoms of fever, cough
- HCMC allows requisitioning hotels as paid quarantine facilities for close contacts
- HCMC residents buying cough, fever medicines have to declare health status
- Dong Nai says to quarantine all people coming from HCMC
- Workers, experts allowed to travel between Dong Nai and HCMC
- Thanh Hoa, Thua Thien Hue quarantine people arriving from HCMC
- Travelers to Hai Duong Province must declare health status, undergo tests
- 51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
- HCMC suspends commercial Covid-19 tests for those traveling abroad