NDO/VNA – Hanoi will strictly monitor people returning from pandemic-hit areas who are requested to be tested for the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 three times and quarantined at home within seven days.
This is part of an urgent dispatch issued by Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Chu Ngoc Anh on July 7, requiring extra COVID-19 prevention and control efforts amidst new developments of the pandemic.
The document requested local people to avoid travelling to pandemic-hit areas and Ho Chi Minh City.
The city leader also asked heads of departments and sectors and chairpersons of the People’s Committees of districts, towns, communes and wards to tighten discipline in obeying COVID-19 prevention and control measures in the new situation, and intensify dissemination and punishments.
Service establishments and indoor restaurants must strictly comply with regulations and close before 9pm daily.
Departments and agencies were required to monitor all transportation activities from the outbreaks and passengers on public vehicles going from pandemic-hit areas to Hanoi and vice versa.
In addition, the Department of Health was required to direct medical facilities to strictly follow prevention and control regulations and measures, organise screening testing and prepare response plans in case the pandemic worsens.
The municipal Management Board of Industrial Parks and Export Processing Zones should continue to take drastic measures as well.
From July 5-7, Hanoi has recorded 16 more infections, including those with epidemiological factors related to pandemic-hit areas such as Ho Chi Minh City, Nghe An and Bac Giang provinces.
- Hanoi, Hai Phong intensify COVID-19 prevention measures
- Hanoi must tighten Covid-19 discipline: Municipal Party chief
- HCMC gathers forces to participate in Covid-19 prevention
- Stricter COVID-19 prevention in cultural, sports, and tourism sector requested
- Illegal foreign migrant workers in Vietnam to be deported
- Hanoi to ensure safety for major events amidst Covid-19 pandemic
- Hanoi strictly handles illegal entries to prevent coronavirus intrusion
- Hanoi to ensure tourist safety amid Covid 19 pandemic during National Day holiday
- Party Central Committee’s Secretariat asks for tighter COVID-19 prevention measures