Workers and students wait for their Covid-19 vaccination. The HCMC Department of Information and Communications has written to the municipal government presenting three solutions applying technology to monitor those in direct contact with confirmed Covid-19 cases undergoing home quarantine - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The HCMC Department of Information and Communications has written to the municipal government presenting three solutions applying technology to monitor those undergoing home quarantine after having direct contact with confirmed Covid-19 cases.
The first solution is the Vietnam Health Declaration app provided by Viettel, which is also a solution selected by the Ministry of Health to deploy a pilot quarantine program for imported cases. The app can be used only on smartphones.
The other is the STAYHOME home quarantine control device, which is proposed by the HCMC Computer Association. The product will be provided by TMA Solutions, while the Quang Trung Software City Development Company will offer infrastructure services.
The device comprises a smartphone and a wristband, with the latter monitoring temperature and controlling locations. The association also proposed offering 1,000 free bands if the solution is approved.
Applying the HCMCovidSafe solution, which uses a band with a built-in SIM card, is the third solution proposed by the municipal department to the HCMC government.
Among the three solutions, the department also proposed choosing the first solution as a key one as it has been selected by the Ministry of Health for the pilot program and is integrated with several functions such as health declarations and immigration management.
Besides, it is necessary to concurrently adopt the STAYHOME and HCMCovidSafe solutions in certain areas to raise the effectiveness of home quarantine monitoring operations, the local media reported, citing the municipal department.
The districts of Go Vap, Tan Binh, 7 and 12 and Vietnam National University HCMC will start the trial home quarantine using the technology-based solution in July, while the program will be expanded to other districts in August.
- HCMC quarantines direct contacts of confirmed Covid-19 cases at home
- Deputy Minister urges HCMC to quarantine direct contacts of Covid-19 cases at home
- Home quarantine for direct contacts of Covid-19 cases piloted nationwide
- HCMC considers quarantining direct contacts of confirmed cases at home
- HCMC to pilot 14-day home quarantine after 14-day centralized isolation
- Health Ministry to issue instructions on home quarantine for Covid-19 patients in HCMC
- Vietnam reports highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases
- Most of new Covid-19 infections recorded in HCMC
- Additional 1,196 domestic Covid-19 infections confirmed