The Health Ministry confirmed 277 local Covid-19 patients Tuesday morning, including 230 in Ho Chi Minh City.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment, according to WHO.
Vietnam’s local Covid-19 case count up by 277, of the cases in HCMC, 186 are already in quarantined zones and areas under lockdown and 44 have unknown transmission sources.
The remaining cases confirmed Tuesday morning are in six other localities.
Central Phu Yen Province reported 18 cases who have been quarantined or live in lockdown areas.
Dong Nai Province that borders HCMC got 11 cases, including five linked to a cluster at Hoc Mon wholesale market in HCMC’s Hoc Mon District, four linked to a cluster at Binh Dien wholesale market in HCMC’s District 8 and two are being contact traced.
The Mekong Delta’s An Giang Province registered 10 cases, including eight who have come into contact with Covid-19 patients and two with unknown sources of infection.
The northern Hung Yen Province recorded five cases: three are associated with previously confirmed Covid-19 patients, two linked to a cluster at a company in Yen My District.
Vinh Long Province in the Mekong Delta reported two cases: one is linked to an existing coronavirus case and the other is related to the HCMC’s Binh Dien market.
The case in the northern Ha Nam Province is a man linked to a cluster at the Quang Chau Industrial Park in northern Bac Giang Province. He has ended a streak of 16 days without any community infections in Ha Nam.
Over two months into the new wave, Vietnam has recorded 17,820 community infections in 55 of its 63 cities and provinces.
Of the cases, HCMC has the highest number of infections, at 6,905, followed by Bac Giang with 5,668.
More than 3.9 million of Vietnam’s 96-million population have been vaccinated against the novel coronavirus, according to VNExpress.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness, WHO reported.
By Le Nga
- Covid-19 has spread to 55 of 63 cities and provinces in Vietnam
- Covid updates: How many cases, vaccinations and deaths recorded in Vietnam?
- Breaking: Vietnam records highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam adds 210 infections to domestic Covid-19 count
- Vietnam detects 89 cases to local Covid tally
- HCMC, Gia Lai reports Covid-19 cases linked to Hai Duong Province
- Half of 94 new Covid cases recorded in Vietnam’s HCMC Saturday morning
- Covid-19 news: HCMC coronavirus tally in new wave crosses 4,000
- HCMC makes up most of new coronavirus infections this afternoon