Vietnam recorded 239 new local Covid-19 patients Saturday morning in five localities, including 215 in HCMC.
The ongoing outbreak in HCMC is developing unpredictably and could grow bigger and spread to neighboring localities.
Vietnam adds 239 cases to local Covid tally, mostly in HCMC, of the cases in the southern metropolis, 182 were detected in areas under isolation in the community and in centralized quarantine camps, and the sources of transmission for the remaining 33 cases are still unclear.
With them added, the domestic case count in HCMC has jumped to 4,938 so far in this wave.
Between June 19 and 30, every day the city has recorded 65 cases with unknown sources of transmission and around 35 ofthese were detected only after people visited hospitals seeking treatment for other health problems.
The spread of the disease has proved how complicated the pandemic has become, especially considering the World Health Organization warning that the Delta variant is much more transmissible and has the ability to reduce the effect of Covid-19 vaccines developed to date.
The south central Phu Yen Province registered 11 cases and the northern Hung Yen Province 10, all of whom are in quarantine and isolated areas.
Mekong Delta’s Bac Lieu Province reported two cases who are people returning from HCMC. This is the first community case after 30 clean days for Bac Lieu.
Bac Ninh Province in northern Vietnam recorded one case in an isolated area.
Vietnam has recorded 14,955 cases in 52 of its 63 cities and provinces since the fourth Covid-19 wave broke out in the nation on April 27.
The northern province of Bac Giang and HCMC are having the most infections, with 5,710 cases in Bac Giang.
Across the country of 96 million, more than 3.84 million have been vaccinated against the coronavirus, with 214,405 having two doses.
- Most of 66 new Covid cases recorded in HCMC on Thursday morning
- HCMC experiences the Covid-19 transmission sources unknows
- Most of 81 new Covid cases recorded in Vietnam’s HCMC on Friday morning
- Half of 94 new Covid cases recorded in Vietnam’s HCMC Saturday morning
- Vietnam adds 20 cases to Covid-19 count
- Vietnam has recorded local Covid-19 cases in 40 cities and provinces
- Vietnam adds 210 infections to domestic Covid-19 count
- Vietnam adds 102 cases to Covid-19 tally
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally crosses 10,000 mark with 68 new local cases