A view of the Sa Dec General Hospital in Dong Thap Province. A Covid-19 patient in the province has been confirmed dead - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – A female Covid-19 patient who was receiving medical treatment at the Sa Dec General Hospital in the Mekong Delta province of Dong Thap died this morning, July 2, becoming the first Covid-19 death in the province, according to the municipal Department of Health.
The 81-year-old woman, residing in Sa Dec City, was suffering from many underlying illnesses. She was hospitalized on June 8 and was diagnosed with pneumonia, acute adrenal failure, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and ischemic heart disease, the local media reported.
She underwent a rapid Covid-19 test on June 26 and the result came back positive. The result of an RT-PCR test the following day was also positive.
Although the Sa Dec General Hospital held a consultation with the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases on the treatment for her, her condition worsened.
She died of respiratory failure, severe pneumonia, type 2 diabetes, acute adrenal failure, high blood pressure and Covid-19.
- Woman found infected with Covid-19 after death
- Dong Thap locks down Sa Dec hospital for a week
- Man dies at quarantine facility in Dong Thap
- Two more women die of Covid-19
- Tay Ninh reports first Covid-19 death
- Two women die of Covid-19
- HCMC hospital rejects Covid-19 death rumor
- Man in HCMC’s District 8 dies of Covid-19
- One Covid-19 patient dies