A medical worker takes a swab from a woman in Hoc Mon District, HCMC. Hoc Mon District has imposed stricter anti-Covid-19 measures in Hoc Mon Town and Ba Diem, Tan Xuan and Xuan Thoi Dong communes from midnight today, July 2, until 15 - PHOTO: SGGPO
HCMC - The government of Hoc Mon District in HCMC on July 1 sent an urgent dispatch to Hoc Mon Town and Ba Diem, Tan Xuan and Xuan Thoi Dong communes asking them to intensify anti-pandemic measures from midnight today, July 2, until July 15.
Under the order, the households in the four parts of the district should avoid communicating with each other and maintain a safe distance.
Besides, residents should refrain from going out except to buy food and other necessities, the local media reported.
Traditional or makeshift markets and restaurants or eateries must suspend their operations. The Hoc Mon Wholesale Market will continue to remain shut until July 15 instead of July 4 as previously announced to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The market is located in Xuan Thoi Dong Commune, which has seen several coronavirus infections.
The Hoc Mon District government has also set up 12 working teams in charge of checking compliance with anti-Covid-19 regulations in the four communes and town.
Despite tightened anti-virus measures, Hoc Mon District will ensure sufficient supplies of goods and guarantee stable prices to serve residents during the period.
The development of Covid-19 in Hoc Mon District remains complicated, according to the district government. As of June 30, the district had reported 311 Covid-19 cases and 164 suspected ones. Most of the cases were detected in areas on lockdown.
- HCMC’s Binh Tan Dist closes wet markets to cushion spread of coronavirus
- HCMC sees 10 new Covid-19 infections
- Hanoi CDC proposes relaxing anti-virus measures from tomorrow
- Dong Nai imposes social distancing in four areas
- Quang Ninh, Haiphong strengthen anti-pandemic measures
- HCMC to have only one administrative level from July 1
- Covid-19 spreads to all districts in HCMC
- Go Vap to remove 12 main coronavirus checkpoints at midnight
- Social distancing in HCMC extended for two more weeks