Medical workers from the medical center of Tuy Hoa City, Phu Yen Province take samples from local residents for Covid-19 testing. Up to 151 out of the 175 new Covid-19 infections have been reported in HCMC - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Among the 175 fresh Covid-19 cases confirmed by the Health Ministry this afternoon, 151 cases were reported in HCMC.
Of the total new cases, 170 were infected locally and five others were imported.
Besides the 151 cases in HCMC, 10 other cases were found in Phu Yen, three in Phu Yen, two in Long An and one each in Tra Vinh, Haiphong, Bac Giang and Bac Ninh. Up to 143 cases were detected at quarantine centers and in areas under lockdown.
As for the cases in HCMC, the sources of infection of 27 cases were unknown.
Meanwhile, three imported cases were recorded in Thanh Hoa and one each in Long An and Kien Giang.
In the latest Covid-19 outbreak, which began on April 27, Vietnam has reported 14,505 cases in 51 cities and provinces.
In related news, as three doctors of a department at the Nghe An Psychiatric Hospital have tested positive for Covid-19, the hospital would continue being put under lockdown.
As planned, the lockdown at the hospital was expected to be lifted this morning.
The three cases had close contact with a previously-confirmed Covid-19 case, who is a nurse in the same department of the three doctors. All employees of the department have tested negative for the coronavirus three times.
- 88 new Covid-19 cases confirmed
- 97 fresh domestic Covid-19 infections confirmed, with 62 in HCMC
- 60 more new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- Health Ministry reports 130 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- 40 out of 50 new Covid-19 infections found in HCMC
- Vietnam has 36 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- HCMC detects 46 more domestic Covid-19 cases
- Most of new coronavirus infections reported in Bac Giang, HCMC